Buird Pink and White Mug
- Free UK Delivery (Over £30)
To all you mug lovers out there...we know that what you drink your tea or coffee out of is extremely important to you, as it is to us! We love how these beautifully handmade mugs are just the perfect size for that early morning cuppa.
What we love: Buird pottery is made in Wirksworth in the beautiful Derbyshire Dales. Potters Graeme and Inga use Staffordshire clay to hand throw and produce their mugs in their light-filled workshop.
All their mugs are made in small batches from stoneware clay, which is hard wearing and resilient to chipping. Buird products are dishwasher proof, although hand washing is advised to prolong their beautiful colours for a lifetime.
Most pieces of Buird pottery are thrown on the potter’s wheel and dipped in glaze. Each mug will have very slight variations which adds to their character. It takes about 3 weeks to complete each batch. After being thrown, they are left to dry, bisque fired, glazed and then put through their second firing to vitrify the glaze.
They’re then checked and carefully packed for the journey to their new home. Graeme and Inga hope you enjoy using them as much as they enjoy making them.
- Handmade in Wirksworth, Derbyshire
- Handcafted in stoneware clay from Staffordshire
- 350ml Height 9cm x Dia 8cm
- Care Instructions - dishwasher safe although hand washing advised for a lifetime of use. Please don't put me in the oven.
- Also available in Moss & White, Sandstone & White and Slate & White.