Folka Pajaki Making Workshop | Saturday February 17th @ 10:30am.
***All workshop tickets are excluded from any online discounts. If a discount code has been used in your purchase we will cancel this order and ask for the ticket to be purchased again at the full price.***
Please note that due to our wonderful teachers coming far and wide, along with materials and other pre-workshop costs, we cannot provide refunds or exchanges.
Join artist Karolina Merska for a Pajaki making workshop.
During the workshop Karolina will introduce you to a rich history of unique Polish rye and straw chandeliers called “Pajaki.”
Pajaki (pah-yonk-ee) are traditional Polish chandeliers made from rye straw and paper. Their history dates back to the mid-18th century. Made by country women as decorations for their homes especially for Christmas, Easter, as well as for weddings and christenings. Suspended from a ceiling in a main room, amongst colourful paper cut-outs, paintings and paper flowers they became a popular decoration in polish village houses. They were a symbol of harvest and happiness in New Year.
Today the tradition is practised less and less. Karolina keeps Pajaki tradition alive.
Karolina will teach you how to create a structure which later will be decorated with 5 traditional “kalinka” pom poms. “Kalinka” pom pom is made of 15 layers of hand twisted tissue paper.
By the end of a workshop you will learn some new unique skills and take a beautiful colourful pajaki with you to decorate your house.
- The whole session will be fuelled by bottomless tea/coffee and biscuits.
- 20% discount in the Radical Giving store full of amazing wellness and homeware goods.
- Receive 10% off the incredible cafe/restaurant Squisito that is situated next to our store.
- Date - February 17th
- Time - 10:30am - 5pm (6 hours approx, including a break for lunch)
- Location - Radical Giving Store, The Needlemakers, Lewes BN7 2NZ
- All materials provided
- Ticket price includes a complimentary drink
- Attendees receive 20% discount in the Radical Giving store along with 20% off all food and drink at The Needlemakers Roundhill, an award winning 100% plant based cafe, situated next door to our workshop space and store.
- Please note: Tickets are sold per person
Photo credit to Rocio Chacon, Karolina Paczkowska and Ola O Smit