Magical Indigo Blues and Shibori workshop | Friday 22nd March @ 6:30pm.
***All workshop tickets are excluded from any online discounts. If a discount code has been used in your purchase we will cancel this order and ask for the ticket to be purchased again at the full price.***
Please note that due to our wonderful teachers coming far and wide, along with materials and other pre-workshop costs, we cannot provide refunds or exchanges.
An introduction to using ancient Natural Indigo and learning resist dyeing techniques.
A playful and experimental approach to producing patterns on fabrics, using Japanese Shibori inspired methods of folding, clamping, tyeing and and binding. We will use a home made Indigo Vat and dye vintage linens, re-purposed materials and dye a large canvas bag with magical Indigo blues.
All materials will be provided. No experience is necessary, just an enthusiasm to experiment and play. Please bring some rubber gloves and an apron.
The workshop will be lead by Clare O’Leary, an art therapist and textile artist. Clare uses natural dyes/pigments, plants, flowers and found materials to produce living colour, with an emphasis on process, transformation and natural landscape.
- The whole session will be fuelled by bottomless tea/coffee and biscuits.
- 20% discount in the Radical Giving store full of amazing wellness and homeware goods.
- Receive 10% off the incredible cafe/restaurant Squisito that is situated next to our store.
- Date - Friday 22nd March
- Time - 6:30pm-8:30pm (2 hours approx)
- Location - Radical Giving Store, The Needlemakers, Lewes BN7 2NZ
- All materials provided. Please bring some rubber gloves and an apron.
- Endless tea and coffee included
- Attendees receive 20% discount in the Radical Giving store.
- Tickets are sold per person
- Please note: We cannot provide refunds or exchanges for workshop cancellations.