Reteaching The Lost Art Of Darning Workshop | Saturday February 3rd @ 11am.
Please note that due to our wonderful teachers coming far and wide, along with materials and other pre-workshop costs, we cannot provide refunds or exchanges.
All workshop tickets are excluded from any online discounts. If a discount code has been used in your purchase we will cancel this order and ask for the ticket to be purchased again at the full price.
Socko brings you a workshop to teach complete beginners the lost art of darning.
During this 2.5 hour workshop, we'll start with a brief history of techniques from different cultures and look at examples and tools. The majority of the time will then be practical as Socko founder Emma teaches you how to darn your own clothing.
You're welcome to bring items of your own that need mending or there'll be plenty of fabric there to practise on.
The whole session will be fuelled by bottomless tea and biscuits.
Socko is on a darning mission: This is because the most sustainable clothes are the ones we already own. If we can extend the lives of the things we own and embrace a more conscious consumer mindset, we will have a positive effect on people and our planet. Not to mention that darning is highly therapeutic, rewarding and is a commitment of care that brings us closer to our possessions.
This workshop is designed to be an introduction to darning for complete beginners. It’s suitable for all levels of textile know-how, from those who have never threaded a needle to avid knitters. The session teaches the fundamentals of how to create a secure mend and sparks inspiration for the versatility of the technique. It’s a fun, hands-on, informal session that spreads the joy of bringing life back to damaged clothing - combining form and function in a way that will serve attendees for years to come.
Emma Mathews: Emma is the founder of sustainable British sock brand Socko. She’s a life-long maker and is passionate about the positive, mindful impact craft can have on our wellbeing. Through combining her talent for craft with her love of people and planet, she identified her business idea. Socko launched its very first pair of sustainable socks at the end of 2018 and workshops started at the beginning of 2019. Emma lives in north-east London with her partner and their sausage dog Alan.
All levels and abilities welcome.
- The whole session will be fuelled by bottomless tea/coffee and biscuits.
- 20% discount in the Radical Giving store full of amazing wellness and homeware goods.
- Receive 10% off the incredible cafe/restaurant Squisito that is situated next to our store.
- Date - Saturday February 3rd
- Time - 11.00am - 13.30pm (2.5 hours approx)
- Location - Radical Giving Store, The Needlemakers, Lewes BN7 2NZ
- All materials provided
- The whole session will be fuelled by bottomless tea and biscuits.
- Attendees receive 20% discount in the Radical Giving store full of amazing wellness and homeware goods.
- Receive 10% off the incredible cafe/restaurant Squisto that is situated next to our store.
- Tickets are sold per person
- Please note: We cannot provide refunds or exchanges for workshop cancellations.